Objectives of PaCE
The main objective of the PaCE program is to:
- Work with schools which are our major stakeholders, in order to improve educational outcomes of their Aboriginal students
- Build strong working relationships between parents/carers, schools and education providers
- Provide workshops for parents that will educate and give them the skills to reinforce learning at home
- Put education in a positive light so that parents feel welcome and confident enough to approach schools and assist in day to day activities
What Are Our Aims?
Our role is to establish stakeholders and strong working partnerships with local education and community organisations to:
- Coordinate programs based on the feedback we receive from Aboriginal parents, Carers and community members
- Increase parental participation within their children’s schooling both at school and at home.
- Promote community cohesion and the importance of walking and living together as a strong, confident, proud and healthy community.
How Can We Help You?
If you are a parent or carer of a child aged
0 – 19 years, we can support you ….
- We can support you if you‘re having trouble getting your kids to school
- We can support you at parent– teacher interviews
- We can help you understand your educational rights, roles and responsibilities about school attendance
- We can support you with your kids homework
- We organise training and workshops for parents and Carers of school aged kids